View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 08:02 AM   #23
Shaun

Default Re: Independent Innate Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
If you bought the Reflexive enhancement for an active defense I think that it would active on top of normal combat (meaning that it would still work if doing an all-out attack, or that you would get 2 defenses if attacking normally, or 3 defenses if doing all-out defense) similar to how Passive Defense worked in 3e.

Just like Passive Defense, Reflexive makes it work even if you're not awake. Unlike passive defense though, I don't think Reflexive necessarily works if you're unconscious.
Does Reflexive mean that it would parry the first legal 'target' (attack) that it can, or would I be able to hold it back in case I miss a shield block or parry with my weapon?
That way, as mentioned in a later post, if I want to use the skill as an attack later in the same round, I don't need to get multi-strike, or a rate of fire of more than 1 (depending on who you ask). Unless the use as a defense doesn't count against the use as an attack. It's not unbalanced, after all.
Still, the question stands... Does it need to be used against the first possible attack because it's 'reflexive', or can I hold it back for another attack?
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote