View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #32
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
IC: Mitch is at his shop in LA and accepts the invitation with a smile "Thanks for stopping by. I should be able to make it. How's War treating you? Seem to be in a chipper mood."
"I'm good--yeah. Calm is not a bad way to live, plus I've got twelveish friends I can finally be level with. It's awkward for some, but mostly they're too busy to take issue with it.
"But War, yeah. Focus is underrated. Obviously I'm still working on that," he adds, noticing that he still meanders when he talks.

Alas, Friday afternoon finds the Tradewinds virtually under siege. A bunch of toughs loiter near its entrance, making it clear that you're not going to leave until they give the word. The police aren't much help--the toughs leave until the cops are out of sight, and then they're back again. One big scary guy hangs out near the back door, and when you try to leave that way he just says "Calabite. Wanna try me?"
At six pm they leave as mysteriously as they came. A quick call to Rina-el tells the same story--some tough guys hanging around, coming and going for no apparent reason.
And so, Mitchim misses the graduation party.

((Lost track of this link, but it goes here. The chat session on May 30)

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 09-23-2014 at 04:41 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote