View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #49
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [OCC]: Space Merchant

For all players:

You all get a half-ton of Cargo space for trading off world. The captain has already put together large banks of embroyos and other technical information, so I expect to see physical items. For the first time you're just guessing what's going to be rarer over there than over here. Starting wealth is 100,000$ (TL10 *2). I expect a big chunk of it to be for trading: money from home drastically reduces value outside of the system, at least until trade routes are established. Don't fuss too much. Just specify one to four ways your wealth is stored (gold, pure silicon wafers, raw titanium, diamonds, automated carpet cleaners, High quality guns, a form of wood unique to the planet, antiques from earth, ect.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Sounds like they are a little simple for my purposes. But I was thing it might be nice to have:
  • Quote:
    a rolling translator
    Following you around is fine, and having it translate is fine. Both are tacky. Usually you use a datapad.
  • Quote:
    some R2 style hacking tricks
    It can have some REALLY simple ones. Ones any hacker will have on their datapad, and it can be programmed to take advantage of hardware access.
  • Quote:
    Electronic lockpicks
    Sure.
  • Quote:
    secret cargo space
    Just don't be surprised when people aren't surprised. You're carrying a tool box around, so its not that big a surprise when you pull a gun out of it.
  • Quote:
    built in tool kit
    Useful and valid.
  • Quote:
    ability to maintain my cybernetics
    Useful and valid.
  • Quote:
    that sort of thing...
    Tool box drone specialized to maintain your prosthetics with some illegal anti-security stuff attached. Thats fine.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote