View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 06:37 PM   #5
Drakyrias

Default Re: Gurps Supers Case Study: Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
There's a lot that Batman uses that's just equipment. He's essentially maxxed out his Gizmos advantage, which gives him all those nifty toys when he needs them. I'd probably include his grapnels as one of those devices in his utility belt.

There was one build for Bats that gave him his utility belt as a kind of Modular Ability build. Personally, since he's Batman, I'd just buy it as a Signature Gear (Consumable), letting him restore it every time he visits the Batcave.

From the social side of things, I'd give him the following:
  • Multimillionaire 4 (rivals are Lex Luthor and Steve Dayton in the DC end of things, probably Tony Stark in the Marvel side of things, and Bill Gates IRL)
  • Merchant Rank 7-ish for being CEO of Wayne Enterprises/Industries/Technologies (or whatever name you give it in Earth-Crossover); I could see Merchant Rank 8 or 9 if WayneTech is a multinational corporation.
  • Status 2 naturally from being a Wayne (which is like being a Kennedy IRL).
  • Contact: Detective/Sergeant/Lieutenant/Captain/Commissioner Gordon (Police Skills-18). Gordon's own rank in the GCPD is dependent on the GM's call for where he is at this point in his own career. Not yet a full-fledged Ally in Year One.
Note that Multimillionaire and Merchant Rank give bonuses to Status; technically speaking, Bruce is Status 6+.

This help?
Some. I gave him Status 3 for Wayne, and Favored son of Gotham (the famous Wayne boy), which thanks to the wealth and multimillionare gives him a total status of 6.
And Multi-Millionare 3 Since it placed his personal starting worth at just over 1billion.
Allies: Alfred, Luscious
Patron: Wayne Enterprises
Handsome
(Using Classic rules)

For advantages: Ambidexterity, Combat Reflexes, Rapid Healing, Extra Fatigue +5, Hard to Kill +3, Perfect Balance, Higher Tech Level (Weapons and Armor)+1, Full Coordination 1, Trained by a Master.

Disadvantages: Bad Temper, Code of Honor (Cannot Kill (I can go real Frank Miller Dark Knight as the game ages)), Fanatic/Meglomaniac- Rid Gotham of Crime, Stubborness, Secret ID: Batman

The only 'power' I am sure of is Flight: Gliding only, Gadget (cape)

As I introduce different villains as back story events his stats would improve.

Last edited by Drakyrias; 09-14-2017 at 06:40 PM.
Drakyrias is offline   Reply With Quote