View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 07:56 AM   #507
Kalzazz

Default Re: Mailanka's Musings -- GURPS Content Post

Well, definitely highlights the weakness of vibro weapons (but also their Strengths, as I'm guessing M'elena wouldn't have gotten into this position with a bright glowing force sword to help her hide)

Had I been M'elena, this would have been time for my favorite goofy move when facing a superior foe 'Attack that Ends the Battle', the All Out Attack that either wins, or let's the enemy win on their next go

So! Determined (+4 to skill) dual weapon attack from behind, M'elena has 19 DWA, so with her skill and Determined she can lay down Deceptive -3 and still crit on a 6!

So even with feverish precognitive parry on Tanes part she has a good shot to land a blow

And then we see the glaring weakness of her vibrosword . . . she will do 10 damage or so. If Tane is wearing the lighter armor (it doesn't specify, but why not) he would stop 4 of that with DR and take 6 cut for 9. Not enough to send him to KO check land! With his +8 ST from his Communion? Its not enough for KO check land naked

A force sword would send him barreling straight to death check land, armor or no, communion or no

However the goons were buying time for reinforcements. So if she can knock him for 12 damage, then he might be in trouble, in risk of either limping along at move 1 do nothings or sprawling unconscious after a failed KO check

Suppose Vesper got unlucky and took a hit to lower him to his KO check range, could his Communion get him out of it? Actually, he could spend Destiny on flesh wounds right?

The lack of damage output seems unhelpful here for poor M'elena
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote