View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 08:29 AM   #18
Suncrush

Default Re: The most efficient body type RE: fuel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordtart View Post
Possibly because it wasn't worth the ink.

The game provides no specific detail on electric plants. We have some funky sounding modifications for them that have pseudo scientific names, and some fluff, but nothing that you could write an academic paper with.

They are recharged but we are not told much about the recharge process other than what it costs per PF. We don't know if they are AC, DC. We are told about capacitors, but are they an intermediate store or the main store. In truth it is because it is not important.

Why for instance do bikes and cars use plants different electric plants, but can use the same gas plants?

Why do we need any more regarding liquid fueled vehicles? Who cares if it is Gasoline, Ethanol or whatever. Many cars are now multi-fuel and can apparently take 85% ethanol by default. Doubtless there are some cost differences but that is in the weeds.

EDIT--And, the modular ethos of car design makes NO SENSE, but it's in the game because it's fun. "I'm going to strip out the machine gun to make room for a bigger engine?" That'll never work, but it's cool, so let's put it in the game.

There are more fundamental things to sort out first, e.g. do gas plants drive the wheels direct or are they electricity generators that power electric wheel motors. I have seen conflicting interpretations in the official publications. I suspect that it was considered irrelevant.

It's Car Wars, not Top Gear.
The wheel motors themselves are obviously a bit of hand-waving, because the DP of the power plant are all centralized, not localized at the wheels. THe game designer was obviously thinking of a central power plant like a gas motor, connected by a transmission to the wheels, and the wheel motors was a lampshade to cover the fact that the cars can still drive regardless of which wheel you shoot off first.
Suncrush is offline   Reply With Quote