View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 12:11 PM   #3
WaterAndWindSpirit

Default Re: Urban arcana: What are shadowkinds options to make up a past when they do not exi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorr-kan View Post
Urban Arcana, Menace Manual, and Dark*Matter all contain organizations of shadow or alien kind. Contact with said organizations would address some of these problems. So, find your people?
That only passes the problem to said organizations, though admittedly forgeries become much easier for an organization than for isolated individuals, but the problem that we still have to deal with is how to address people who are not in any registered database because until a few days ago they literally were not in our world.

Under which statutes would they fall? Most of the new arrivals will, thanks to the Common tongue being scrubbed from their brain and replaced with the local language, speak near perfect [Insert local language of where they drop] but won't be able to speak a single word of another language from Earth, which will make proving them as immigrants incredibly hard.

I don't want an answer of "find X organization and then handwave all the legal issues", I want an answer that would actually deal with the legality of the issue. So far, all I've got is "find the proper organizations and hope they've got some decent contacts that could forge the required documents".

Thank you in advance.
WaterAndWindSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote