Thread: Vampire Virus
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 08:40 PM   #28
Jinumon

Default Re: Vampire Virus

I'm more of a "less-is-more" kind of guy when it comes to templates. I think they should change how a person plays rather than giving them a distinct advantage or disadvantage. I'm also a big fan of 0-point, transformative templates, so that characters can become afflicted in play without having to worry about shuffling points around. This is probably something close to what I'd do:

Vampire [0 points]
Attributes: ST+2 [20].
Secondary Characteristics: Basic Speed+0.25 [5].
Advantages: Discriminatory Smell [15]; Immunity to Metabolic Hazards [30]; Night Vision 5 [5]; Rapid Healing (Very) [15]; Unaging [15].
Disadvantages: Infectious Attack [-5]; Restricted Diet (Human Blood) [-10]; Social Stigma (Monster) [-15]; Uncontrollable Appetite (12 or less) [-15]; Weakness (Sunlight, 1d/minute) [-60].

Notably, but not unbelievably stronger than humans, Discriminatory Smell and Night Vision to allow them to stalk prey, Immunity to Metabolic Hazards as the Virus burns away all other bodily invaders, Very Rapid Healing and Unaging to assist in maintaining the host's life, Infectious Attack/Restricted Diet/Uncontrollable Appetite to allow and encourage the Virus to propagate itself, and Weakness to Sunlight because, well, they aren't really "Vampires" without it.

Jinumon

Last edited by Jinumon; 12-07-2017 at 08:45 PM.
Jinumon is offline   Reply With Quote