View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
Captain Joy

Default Re: [Psionic Powers] Vulcan Mind Meld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
I would use Mind Probe with the Invasive and Memory Bank Enhancements from p.62 of Powers for the ultimate level. You might add an Unreliable or similar Limit to the retention part and Two Way looks like a major Side Effect.
I think I'll just stick with the Deep Probe technique to handle the Invasive nature of the Mind Meld. The Memory Bank enhancement--my players will have to cold-request that; it's not something I want to be considered typical of Vulcan Mind Melds. And "Two Way looks": is that RAW? It sounds like a perfect limitation if it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
Conditioning from Mind Control is also possible <Spock to Kirk> "Forget".

Really, there are few Telepathic feats that can not be accomplished with some sort of Vulcan technique. You might want to distinguish the lighter "Mind Touch" from the deeper Full Meld.
Agreed. I'm allowing Vulcans to have access to all the Telepathic abilities, with Mind Meld as a prerequisite. This would mean that all Mind Melders can't automatically do Mind Control, or Suggestion, or Mental Surgery, etc. My intention is to limit the Mind Meld ability to the simple two-way transfer of emotions and information. I've decide to make Mind Probe part of Mind Meld, but maybe I should have left that out as a separate ability? EDIT: In fact, I did decide to keep Mind Probe separate.

Last edited by Captain Joy; 12-25-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Captain Joy is offline   Reply With Quote