View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 02:07 PM   #47
Icelander

Default Re: Coast Guard response to distress call on Jewell Island, ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
I'm coming back to this one sentence for a moment to point something out:

The allegation is that Deputy Warden Tyrrell has supplanted the Chief Administrator, effecting a mutiny. If the CA cannot be raised that will raise red-flags. Deputy Tyrrell might be able to put them off until tomorrow morning (if the call comes in late), but not past that.
Well, that's our working theory. Unfortunately, we cannot rule out that the Administrator Formerly Known as the Warden is complicit in Deputy Warden Tyrrell's madness, whether willingly or coerced. Or he might have been told some plausible lie, enough to let him respond to the Coast Guard that there is some prank being played, but that the Deputy Warden has the matter well in hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Also Agent O'Toole's superiors would be contacted to determine if O'Toole should be or even is on that island in the first place, and so O'Toole's superiors would then find themselves appraised of team's predicament.
As a courtesy, I expect that the DHS OIG actually notified the Sector HQ of the Coast Guard about Agents Banks and O'Toole in advance. Our visit has a boring bureaucratic half-truth cover story and the Coast Guard does fall under the DHS Inspector General. And Special Agent Banks is a former O-4 (LCDR) of the Coast Guard, who retired from active duty in 2007, but was probably Reserve until recently. He might even have made a courtesy call to Sector HQ while we had lunch, before we left for the island.

The boat that took us to Jewell Island was crewed by a former Coast Guard bosun, now either Coast Guard Reserve or Auxiliary (driving the ferry boat is not reserve duty for him, it's his part-time job, he started the ferry company with some other former guards to bid on the logistical contract for Manhanock).

There will probably be confirmation of the fact that Banks and O'Toole are indeed on Jewell Island along with other DHS employees from our handlers in Onyx Rain and their co-conspirators inside the bureaucratic structure of the DHS. On the other hand, I'm not sure what they want done.

Best guess is that they want the Coast Guard to establish a perimeter and then try somehow to control very tightly who gets to step on Jewell Island. Our survival is almost certainly secondary to avoiding public exposure of the experiments that were carried out on the island in the past. Unless they can put all blame where it belongs, on DARPA and the DoD, but that kind of spin requires control of information flow.

I think we'll find out more about the reach and power of Onyx Rain. And whether Banks was the only Coast Guard officer involved.

Last edited by Icelander; 02-17-2017 at 02:26 PM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote