View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 02:17 PM   #2257
fchase8

Default Re: New Reality Seeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer View Post
We see eye to eye here. Certainly the Ahnennerbe would love to have done so much more in Egypt. I could see Midwinter Aton sneaking Runes into a undiscovered tomb to be found in the 1930's and freak the whole world out.
Wouldn't that be before the divergence point, Hitler dying after the Fall of France/before invading Russia?

Perhaps this world was an echo, where Infinity noticed some unusual archeological work, and then Hitler dies after the Fall of France.

Initially Infinity naturally suspects Centrum intervention (while Centrum suspects Secundus - 'they do hate Nazis...'). But instead of the world moving quantums, it goes from no-mana to normal-mana! Maybe throw in some Taft radiation for good measure.

[QUOTE=Astromancer;2037821]Getting Rommel the job would be harder. I don't think he was ever in line for the top spot.

Yeah, and he might be harder to manipulate. There's probably some grey high level Nazi who could be made leader, but in reality lack anywhere near Hitler's authority. So even more infighting and scheming.

Quote:
On the whole, they simply realize they can't run all the universes and look the other way.
Quote:
I'd investigate, but protecting Hitler would be a low priority, unless he was still a child. In that case he might still have a chance to be something other than a monster. But if Centrum is after putting a tougher madman in place, then I'd protect Hitler in order to keep worse from happening.
Infinity probably would just accept that Hitler had to happen on the echoes. But maybe there are others on Homeline who won't accept that. Infinite Worlds says that Homeline Israel doesn't interfere with echoes (when it saves crosstime endangered Jews), but there could be individuals who don't agree with that policy.

So there are I-Cops with the unenviable task of protecting Hitler on the echoes...

Quote:
Try this idea, a Greek genius achieves all the innovations of the Islamic Agricultural Revolution in the 2nd Century AD. Rome holds together much longer, and the Arabs, even if the conquer North Africa, never replace the older cultures or faiths.

Christian Europe still benefits from Arab ideas but never experiences the Dark Ages.

The industrial revolution comes centuries earlier.
I tried out creating a random world via the methods in Infinite Worlds, and came up with a world of high-tech dictatorships (and supers!). I never created a specific turning point, but guessed that it was something like the Dark Ages being skipped by an early industrial revolution.

Quote:
This seems more like an Ordinary world with valuables. Mainly from people taking Iconic characters and using them in more polished or innovative settings. Example: Superman's original creator wanted to change from the "Two people in a Love Triangle" motif to something more like an action adventure take on the "Thin Man" films. Lois was to be shown to have always known Clark's identity, and the two were going to adventure together with Lois show as a master level detective. The publishers fired the author and forbade any change for forty years. In your world, not only did this go forward but Captain Marvel never got smashed either.
This would be a great world for alternate versions of popular fiction & art. Homeliners could take copies of alternate Superman stories and the like, and sell them on Homeline.

Indeed, it wouldn't even be 'stealing', since it's all publicly owned (technically by an alternate America, but close enough...).
fchase8 is offline   Reply With Quote