View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 06:20 PM   #6
Skarg

Default Re: Two quick questions about dragonets

Yeah, dragonets don't have particularly solidly-defined rules. Neither does aerial combat, as seen in the thread I posted before that you linked.

I would say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
(1) A dragonet can both claw/bite and breathe fire in the same turn. I presume this is at no DX penalty?
Yes. There's nothing that says it would be at a penalty to do both in one turn.

Quote:
(2) A dragonet attacks in the same hex as his combatant. The combatant engaged? It's not at all clear to me whether the combatant can only move one hex to disengage.
That's a good question.

If playing RAW, I'd tend to say yes, the target is being engaged from "above", but isn't in HTH. (Death Test 2 actually mentions dragonet attacks aren't considered HTH because they don't land. It doesn't give any other extra dragonet rules, though.)

The dragonet, if the ceiling is high enough, can use the rule I mentioned in the previous post to fly over any need to be stopped by ground figures' Front hexes and arrive in/over the target's hex to attack.

Quote:
(3) I assume only one dragonet can attack a person per turn. They're small, but they're not vampire bat small. What do y'all say?
I would say so too - probably one per hex to attack, or else they'd get in each others' way, I think.

Quote:
But given that the dragonet must be in the same hex as his opponent, it seems that if the dragonet moves first, one can simply shift out of the hex and hence out of his range. Is that right?
Yes, I'd think so. So they might generally want to fly out of reach and/or Dodge on turns that they have to move first, and then swoop in on turns when they've won initiative. They may well be able to do that at little risk, since ranged attacks against a dodging dragonet would be at 4 dice versus DX -8...

Last edited by Skarg; 09-11-2020 at 06:25 PM.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote