View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 08:45 PM   #19
Jason

Default Re: Origins or Design Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlin View Post
Funny you should say that!

I sometimes have a tendency to go overboard with it, but I started this thread based around precisely the link you gave me.
Oops. I do have a tendency to repeat myself.

Quote:
For what it's worth, I saw a thread on renaming the Djinn Band. Was that you?
I didn't start that thread, but I did toss in a couple suggestions. My favorite remains Se'irim, but I share your concern about renaming things after my players have already started playing. They have enough of a hard time as it is remembering the names and properties of things I didn't change.

Quote:
The main issue I have with IN (apart from the thought that sometimes it's a tad too bright) is Satan. The one thing I really liked about Demon the Fallen (even if I didn't particularly care for Demon the Fallen itself -- too tragic) was that Satan was...such a character. In some ways, he was more of a character than any of the PC's could ever be. The trouble is, if you humanize and romanticize Satan too much, you risk portraying God like an extremely negligent parent.
I am having a good time dealing with this issue in one of my own campaigns, but to do so, I am skirting pretty far from canon. (Don't read this if you play with me.)

Spoiler:  
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote