View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 05:01 AM   #1
zorg
Experimental Subject

Default Gurps: Templates

With so many Templates floating around, it seems a shame not to collect them in one place. If enough templates do turn up, Atreyu Hibiki will make them available for download as a pdf.

Let me impose some ground rules here, for ease of use and to protect our sanity:

# All Templates must follow 'standard' GURPS rules, so no homebrew advantages, disads or skills allowed.

# All Templates should have a total CP cost dividable by 10 (20, 40, 150, ...). Please don't create any Templates with grossly uneven numbers (like 37 or so). That makes it easier for a GM to say "You get one Template each and X CP to spend." Remember that you can add Lenses with much smaller CP totals.

# All Templates should come with a description of what this kind of character is supposed to be, to do or to be designed for. It would also be nice if a cinematic Template would be marked as such.

# It'd be nice to suggest a setting or genre in which the Template fits.

# If you post your ability here, it is assumed that you would like it included in the eventual collection. You will recieve credit by your online name, unless you PM me/Atreyu otherwise.

As to the format, I strongly suggest to use the format presented in Basic:

Template Name [xy points]
blah blah blah
Attributes: ST+x [y]
Secondary Characteristics: blah
Advantages: blahblah [z]; blahblah [z]
Disadvantages: blahblah [-z]
Skills: (possibly differentiated in Primary/Secondary/Background) blah IQ [1]-10
Features: blah
Notes: blah

EDIT: It doesn't matter whether these are Racial Templates (Dwarf), Occupational Templates (Knight), Dramatic Templates (Victim) or whatever. If it's a Template, feel free to post it.

Last edited by zorg; 06-27-2006 at 04:52 AM.
zorg is offline   Reply With Quote