View Single Post
Old 10-31-2020, 09:23 AM   #7
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: How big is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessen View Post
My drives used to get so cluttered and my folders held all sorts of stuff I'd forgot I'd downloaded. Some folders were twelve years old , what was in them who knew.
Same. So many folders. So much unread stuff. But I still find new stuff that looks interesting all the time. I just don't have time to read it, so it just gets filed away for the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessen View Post
Q) I think 1.5GB was a bit excessive, so how much hard drive space is your rpg hoard taking up?
1) My Gaming Resources & Books folder has all my various PDFs and such, theoretically sorted and ready for reading or using, and hopefully not too many duplicates of anything.

108 GB. Mostly 7zip compressed. Does include some really graphics heavy stuff like game tiles (79 GB in there), but does not include clip art or stock art that I've purchased for my game books, which is elsewhere.

2) My Downloads folder is where all my NEW stuff has been going, from recent DriveThru or Warehouse 23 purchases, or from Kickstarters and Patreons. I've been putting everything into appropriate game related folders until the campaign or whatever is finished, and then theoretically moving it to Gaming Resources & Books. The moving part hasn't happened so much lately.

95 GB. A motley mix of compressed and uncompressed. Probably includes some graphics stuff like floor plans, but shouldn't have any game tiles or stock art. Also some fonts mixed in there.

3) None of that includes my personal production. None of my maps, none of the books I've created for my group, nothing of that sort. I'm not gonna try to find and total those folders.