View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 05:11 PM   #880
stefanj

Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

OMFG I love stuff like this:

"I assume the women were MTA employees, but definitely not track workers. Or at least, not dressed to do track work. They were both middle aged and looked like commuters. We were in the first car. They came through the car from behind and made their way to the front. We hardly noticed since so many people move to the front on the G.

A few minutes after, the train stopped. We realized that they were talking to the conductor, who had come out of his area. Everyone was pretty quiet. I think we all thought something bad was happening. It was so unusual for the train to stop and the conductor to be in the car.

So then, the conductor comes to one of the center doors, he unlocks one of the poster cases next to the doors of the train and reveals this mechanical area. At this point, everyone I was with was super tense. It seemed like there must be some sort of emergency, so it was super quiet on the train. Anyway, he just pulls the lever, opens the door and the women step out onto this concrete platform. I didn't see this, but my co-worker David Reilly says that there was some sort of room on the platform with frosted windows with bars on them ."

Full Story:

http://gothamist.com/2015/02/25/secr...ortal_whoa.php

Somewhere in a room full of robed figures a man carrying a white cat is cursing and shouting "We've been compromised. Evacuate this facility. And see that the mind-wipe team on duty that night never has a chance to fail us again."

(Growing up on LI, I heard stories about other Subway oddities, like a heavily guarded flatbed subway car that once made pick-ups of sacks of tokens from the stations at night.)