View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 03:00 PM   #6
platimus

Default Re: IQ rise and talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
I just realized that the new treatment of spells and talents is inconsistent with the way my group has generally handled gaining them when your IQ goes up. Perhaps it wasn't correct, but we always let people just pick new spells and talents whenever their IQ went up by experience, 'filling up' their new capacity. But this is clearly not specified in the new rules, and I would say is inconsistent with their intent. That is, you clearly have to buy your new spells and talents with EXP even if you have raised IQ to exceed the number of points of them you've already got. Agreed?
The way I understand the system, talents and spells don't fill up "IQ slots" after character creation. Yes, you must meet their IQ requirements but you don't have to raise your IQ just to "make room in your head" for more talents/spells. You pay XP for them instead.

During character creation, your starting IQ limits how many talents/spells you know starting off...by using the old "IQ slots".

This new system was presented by Steve back in mid June. It may have been proposed as far back as April :) but I wouldn't know :)
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=13

Last edited by platimus; 09-29-2018 at 03:59 PM.
platimus is offline   Reply With Quote