View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 05:10 PM   #137
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: [Modern Firepower] Technothriller gear for secret DHS team in 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Yeah, I've wondered that myself. Seems like a typical PC purchase. More expensive than a pistol, less expensive than a pimped-out sniper rifle with all the fixings. Too bulky to carry around, not too bulky to fit in the party vehicle and be powered by access to electrical outlets by preference, but could be used for certain tasks using a generator, fuel cells or a whole lot of batteries.
Yup, that's what I envision. A couple of rolling large tool cabinets, maybe a few power tools or an air socket driver and an air generator (with adapters to plug into the work truck).

Or rather like what the Stepfather drove, a work truck with all the tool cabinets built into the bed, and a few power outlets to plug in various power tools (he could load an air generator into the bed if he needed one - he usually did). There was even a boom arm with an engine hoist. It was almost a full workshop, it was just missing a few specialized tools (car lifts, big block engine hoist, specialized digital diagnostic tools, etc), but then he was a remote site diesel mechanic (mostly light construction equipment - Bobcats, backhoes, front end loaders, etc).

Quote:
I think he's basing O'Toole on all the negative stereotypes of people one hates at work. Unreliable in a true crisis, psychopathically callous to literally everything other than his personal goals and yet uncannily good at taking credit for other people's successes, avoiding responsibility for failures and covering their posteriors.
Let him know we think he's doing a phenomenal job. Phenomenal.

Quote:
We may be playing Suicide Squad vs. Office Space: Once Upon a Time in Mexico.
Excellent...
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote