View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 07:36 AM   #1
Graey

Default Modifiers to True Faith

The way to mimic the ability to turn undead is True Faith [15] with the Turning (+65%) and Holy (-10%) enhancements for 24 points. I start my characters out with 150, and 24 is a lot of points for what is supposed to be a newbie to spend on one ability.

I'm not actually playing Dungeon Fantasy RAW. I'm trying to recreate the feel of that other game. I want a reduced cost version of True Faith (Turning; Holy) that's suitable for a "first level character." There is Reliable from Powers that has +5% per +1 bonus, up to +10. In this case that would be a bonus to your Will in the QC, I would imagine. Terror [30] in Basic has +10 points for every -1 to the Fright Check. (Granted a Fright Check is not exactly the same as a Quick Contest, but in this case the result would be the same.) But that's 33%. Unreliable, which might be the opposite of Reliable, gives dice rolls to see how mangled the result of the power is, not a modifier

Has this been addressed somewhere? I did some searching, but came up empty. I would like to be able to modify True Faith (Turning; Holy) with penalties and bonuses to the Quick Contest between the priest and the undead with altered point cost so I can give it to beginner characters and let them buy it up as they progress.

Thanks. :)

- Graey
Graey is offline   Reply With Quote