View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 06:28 AM   #1
DingoSoulEater

Default [AtE] Hand-Held Power Generator / Hand Crank

Hi all!

First post; tried my google skills and couldn't find this brought up elsewhere, so I apologise if someone has enquired about this before.

I'm currently running a heavily Metro 2033 themed campaign, and while almost everything is covered quite well in AtE; there's one piece of technology I couldn't determined either the viability of - or how you would put it to use in the world.

For context; the campaign style is very much a cinematic, survival horror. Close calls, harsh time-constraints, and a perpetual struggle to survive. The sheer time outlay of sitting down to charge something you desperately need powered to escape, survive, or simply progress I think will be useful for this.

In Metro 2033; our main protagonist has a 'Universal Charger'. Insofar as I can find - it's a simple machine for converting muscle power to electrical power.

How would you implement this into a campaign as a piece of equipment? What limits would you put on it? Would those limits be relative to the user, or to time, or to both? How much would it weigh / cost? Would it require skills or calibration?

Any help on this would be wonderfully appreciated!

-Dingo.
DingoSoulEater is offline   Reply With Quote