View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 03:18 PM   #4
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: The Hand of Asgard for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
This book really interesting and useful. I have been interested in having clerics that worship different gods and the powers, holy symbols and spell lists that each different “Norse” god might give. I am much more interested in supporting this Kickstarter now.

The Dungeon Fantasy genre has hippie religions that all get along as long as they are good. “ Like wow man you worship Zeus and I worship Odin but since we are both good peace-out man.” Of course religión never seems to work that way in real life to me. It seems that a tiny difference in belief leads to endless war. I would really like to have rules for a monotheistic faith along the the lines where they consider other clerics who worship different gods to be in league with the Devil even though they are good.
Intolerance (Other Religions) has you covered there. If one really wants to get thrown out of a gaming group for being "that guy," toss in a Vow to persecute or be belligerent to (All other Religions).

But really, the rules for that are there. I'll even say Kevin and I have already scripted a short bit in the introduction talking about polytheism and what it means in the case of the Asgardian pantheon.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote