View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 09:14 PM   #40
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams II (OCC)

It appears that the correct number for the jumper is indeed [30], not [40]. Thats a math error.

The change to the clairsentience and unusual background clarified abilities that I was giving characters anyways.

Each visit is marked by dreams about the world you're currently on/going to. This was something players actively pursued and a couple of them started getting key info while dreaming about the world. This doesn't replace anything, it just reflects a power the characters had. Also, the distance involved is super-planetary: its got increased range on it.

The Unusual Background replaces Magery and the "Gizmo Power". The "Gizmo Power" started out as 5 points that let you instantly earn the first supernatural power you wanted. As it turned out, its works better if we just assume the character meets all requirements for all magic systems and charge 50 points for that privilege.

Acquiring Limitations? I suppose its theoretically possible. I suspect limitation swapping is more likely than limitation gaining: you loose unconscious only but pick up a trigger or something like that. But you've got to find the circumstances where that happens first.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote