View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 09:49 PM   #24
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: [DF] Threshold magic points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Dante View Post
Just a side note about leeching:
I should add: only heal FP limitation and contact agent or blood agent in order to design the power. Those would reduce by 60%. The first level would cost 10 points. Avery other level would cost 2.4 points.

Am I wrong?
Do you want him to have to grab his foe and slowly drain HP off of them to build his Tally Buffer? That's what Leech normally does (except it heals, eh). Adding Contact Agent or Blood Agent means he has to touch their skin or open wound to have this effect... while grabbing them and slowly draining 1 HP per second.

My build swapped out "has to grab" for "ST Based Damage" and "1 HP per sec" for "1 Hp per injury dealt" and "1 Char Point per 3 Damage" for "1 for 1". And all but the last are me just pretending that they are equal swaps and ignoring that the last one is actually an Enhancement, Accelerated Healing +25% (because I'd handwaved the rest, might as well handwave that one as well).

I then just added DR (Absorption) to the frankenstein power and called it a day at 30 for level 1 and 10 per level thereafter.

If you want to do the math...

Taste of Blood 64 points for 1st level, 15/level thereafter
When wounded or having dealt wounds Priests of [INSERT GOD] receive a blessing of increased power. Every time they take or receive damage they gain one temporary character point which may be used to buy ER (ER costs 3 points per level).

Higher levels allow for more temporary character points per wound to be granted (1 per level). Character Points last for one combat scene (or until injuries are healed).

Under the Hood:

Leech 58.75 for the first level, +9.6/lvl thereafter
([25/4]; Accelerated Healing, +25%; Builds Character Points, -20%; Extended Duration: Special, ±0; Power Modifier: Divine, -10%‡; Ranged*, +40%; ST Based Damage Source, +100%)

Damage Resistance 4.5/level
(DR [5]; Absorption: ER, +80%; Extended Duration: Special, ±0; Does Not Stop Damage, -80%; Power Modifier: Divine, -10%‡)

* This just allows him to also get the effect if he throws a weapon at someone and hurts them. If you want to limit it to melee damage only, then swap Ranged for Melee, +15. Because going up from a Reach C attack to a variable Reach attack is +15%. This reduces it to 52.5 for first level, 8.4/lvl thereafter, which changes the overall cost to 57/13.

Now... if you want to go with the slow, has to finger their wounds method, that doesn't have him building based on dealing damage, just taking damage and playing in their bloody wounds...

Taste of Blood 19 points for 1st level, 7/level thereafter
When wounded Priests of [INSERT GOD] temporarily receive a blessing of increased power. Every time they are wounded they receive 1 temporary character point. Also, the Priest may lay on hands on the wounds of their foes and draw out their life force, adding to their own Divine power, they do 1 HP of injury per second they grab their foes and touch a foe's open wound. Every HP taken or dealt gives one temporary character point which may be used to buy ER (ER costs 3 points per level).

Higher levels allow for more temporary character points per wound to be granted (1 per level). Character Points last for one combat scene (or until injuries are healed).

Under the Hood:

Leech 13.75 for the first level, +2.2/lvl thereafter
([25/4]; Accelerated Healing, +25%; Blood Agent, -40%; Builds Character Points, -20%; Extended Duration: Special, ±0; Power Modifier: Divine, -10%‡)

Damage Resistance 4.5/level
(DR [5]; Absorption: ER, +80%; Extended Duration: Special, ±0; Does Not Stop Damage, -80%; Power Modifier: Divine, -10%‡)

Again, I say, if you like the way an ability works, but it feels too expensive for your game, just reduce it to what you feel works. Say the first build, dealing damage with his weapons (bare hands, thrown axes, etc) but it's too expensive, just reduce it to what you feel is right. Maybe 20 for the first level and 5 thereafter.

But if you do make it cheaper, definitely set an ER pool cap equal to his Power Talent (Magery or Power Investiture).
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote