View Single Post
Old 08-27-2004, 02:58 PM   #6
KDLadage

Default Re: Wish List for Car Wars version 4.0

I cannot say this loudly enough:

SCALE SCALE SCALE SCALE SCALE SCALE

The original game (1" = 15') was good for its day, but the x3 scale they used was all wrong (in my not so humble opinion). This is a game about CARS! It is a word that deals in VISUAL IMPACT when rating the quality of a game. Thus...

The game should be scaled so that an automobile in the game is roughly the same size as a HOTWHEELS or MATCHBOX car that can be purchased at Wallmart for $0.85 a piece... Alternatively, scale it to the MICROMACHINES. It really does no matter what major line of miniature cars you choose... Perhaps, in order to keep them from rolling about on their own, sell small plastic bases to put the HotWheels or Matchbox or Micromachines cars onto...

But if you do this, make the game scale to the minitaure car market, you instantly have 10,000+ miniatures for your game the day it releases. Heck, see if you can get HotWheels or Matchbox or Micromachines to be a business partner on the deal, they might even be willing to release a special AMERICAN AUTODUEL ASSOCIATION line... Even the busted up, half-functional cars could serve as wrecks in the game... This is one of those things that just (to me) seems like such a no-brainer, that I am surprised that the last version did not do this.

Last edited by KDLadage; 08-27-2004 at 03:01 PM.
KDLadage is offline   Reply With Quote