View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
Jason

Default Re: More Sophisticated Uses of Resonance

Is it weird to reply to my own post? I was going to edit it, but the edit got so long that I thought this made more sense.

Elohite special resonance looks way too much like Cherub resonance. I kind of like the idea that you get better results from someone you spend more time around, but I'd prefer it works more like the resonance roll giving results continually over a short period of time without needing to reroll.

Cherub -4 resonance looks way too much like Mercurian resonance. Cherub -2 resonance is kind of nice, though presents problems if GMs want to have a mystery surrounding why a Cherub's attuned is being targeted by somebody. I like the idea that it can be used to give more info about who means harm against the attuned, but I would prefer to limit the information gained to a vague sense of "when": is the threat imminent or remote, either based on time or proximity of whoever bears ill will? And I still like the nemesis attunement idea.

Malakim don't really have a "special use," but they already have a very useful resonance, the inability to Fall, and immunity from Trauma, so I don't think they need anything else.

Mercurian -2 resonance looks way too much like Lilim resonance, though their -4 resonance seems a logical extension of what they can do already; I might just replace the -2 roll with that, and run it as something that doesn't require another table. Like, if you make a roll at -2, you get one clue about how to use the info you found to gain someone's trust; higher check digits might not automatically imply deeper/longer lasting trust, but that's already giving you more personal information, so the clue could be from the most personal information available. (Rolling normally might reveal that a married man has three kids and a mistress; rolling at -2 might reveal that he's more likely to trust someone who hints that extramarital affairs are actually quite common.)
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote