View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 12:29 AM   #10
Dwarf99

Default Re: Will of the Gods, Help with Serendipity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgellis View Post
This could come in three levels...

Normal serendipity involves plausible events. If you're in jail, a guard might drop his keys, allowing you to escape. With Wishing, for self or others, +100%, this is 30 points per level.

Cosmic, Implausible events, +300% = You're in jail and the guard decides to give you his keys so you can escape. Somehow, he knows you are innocent and that you deserve his help. With Wishing, for self or others, +100%, this is 75 points per level.

Cosmic, Miraculous events, +1000% = In a world without werewolves, a werewolf bursts into the jail, eats the guard, and then gives you the guard's keys. Oh, and he's singing Aerosmith tunes while he does it. With Wishing, for self or others, +100%, this is 180 points per level.

If you were building a moderately powerful god, I'd say 100 levels (i.e., 100 uses per game session) of the third type should be enough to take care of most problems. Well below your budget of 3,000,000 points. :)

No, I don't think it's a very suitable advantage for most player characters. Why do you ask? :)

I hope this helps.

Mark
that's exactly what I'm looking for but I'm going to have to redo my math, what I was looking for the cost of doing it once every second of every day(game time), which is way more something like 18 mil but that's before the mods listed above...

anyway I'm technically neither player or GM in this instance I'm doing it for mere curiosity I won't use it in my game per se, none of my players will get that high, but they might talk to someone who is that high.

Last edited by Dwarf99; 06-18-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Dwarf99 is offline   Reply With Quote