Thread: Boomdagger
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 01:14 AM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Boomdagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidoza View Post
An intriguing question that came up during our game today with the Boomdagger is this: the Boomdagger seems to account on the card for every single possibility of what can happen to it, except for its being discarded. For this, no information is provided, except that the last line seemingly might suggest that it returns to the hand. Is there an official ruling about what happens to a discarded Boomdagger? (I suppose the ultimate question is: can you use it to steal from someone, and just get it back later?)
Yes, it will return to you if you discard it to power an ability such as Theft. However, it does not return to the owner's hand. It returns to the table, in play.

Quote:
Secondly, is a Boomdagger discarded from the hand as part of charity qualifiable for returning to the owner?
No. It has to be in play for its effect to work. It also has to be in use when it is lost. This is because Items must be in use for their powers to work.

Quote:
Thirdly, I assume that a Cheat!ed Boomdagger loses its Cheat! if that Boomdagger leaves play, even if the Boomdagger comes back to its owner in the end.
Your assumption is correct.