View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 05:08 AM   #26
Phil Masters

Default Re: Parahumans: What types do you think the canon needs, what type would you like to

Consider; few societies today lock people up for being smooth-talking charmers who can get other people into bed against their better judgement. Slipping someone a roofie, on the other hand, can get you a few years inside and a permanent presence on the sex offenders register.

Aerosol pheromones/"pheromones" are, I think, going to get classed as easily-dispensed roofies.

Conversely, if you could build an unobtrusive earpiece filter that blocked smooth doubletalk, cheap, I think a lot of people would buy one before venturing into a used car dealership. As it is, well, people just have to rely on their judgement - and people do like to think that they're hard to fool. If anti-pheromone/"pheromone" noseplugs (or whatever) are available, a lot of people will wear them on a precautionary basis - and it's easier to admit "I might well be affected by these new mind control drugs" than "I have normal human susceptibility to smooth talk", so fewer people would be prevented from taking available precautions by foolish pride.
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.

Last edited by Phil Masters; 03-01-2017 at 05:13 AM.
Phil Masters is offline   Reply With Quote