View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 11:02 AM   #71
Daigoro

Default Re: [GAME] Collaborative World Building Dwarven city as a start

Answer 54- Geography Follow-up Pt 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollonian View Post
At least two human city-states are quite hostile to dwarves on ideological or religious grounds, and the acolytes of the dwarven cult of the Hidden Kingdom wage a secret, genocidal war against "tall ones" west of the White River. ... (Note that Knurlkyth, being east of the White River, is not a battleground for their anti-human crusade. Yet.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigoro View Post
And Cloud River appears to be a major local river draining the Great Plateau westward to the sea, while the White River must run north-south, further to the east, and divide the eastern part of the continent where the former Empires of Man were.
Oops, appears I've made my own geographical blunder. The White River is to Knurlkyth's west, and is unrelated to the former Empires of Man in the east.

I guess it could be like this- start at Knurlkyth and go north with the coast on your left, cross the Three Valleys and Cloud River that pass through the broken Ornthronds, pass Grindal Peak, then the coast bends around to the west, enclosing a great bay or bight. After some travel you'll reach the White River, flowing down from the northern mountains and emptying into the south-facing coast. Further west of the river is where the Hidden Kingdom cult is active against Tall One settlements.

-----

Question 56 - Northwest Geography
a) What large city lies on the mouth of the White River? How far away is that?
b) What's the name of this bay that's part of the Sunset Sea?
c) What about the northern mountains? Are they part of the Ornthronds or separate?
d) What dwarven cities are in that region?

Question 57 - Eastern Geography
a) How far away are the "fertile rivers of the eastern expanse" where the God-Kings ruled, two empires rose and fell, and to which Knurlish dwarves travelled and mined?
b) What lies between here and there?
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote