View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 10:59 AM   #7
Antiquation!

Default Re: GURPS-ize the "Blades in the Dark" stress track?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weevis View Post
Perfect. I did not know that one either. Looks like if I can find enough GURPS rules to back up what I'm trying to do, at some point it might even stop being homebrew.
For sure. To follow up, if you end up using the Pyramid article I mentioned as-is, I would also suggest using the advice on spending points from the "Player Guidance" section of Impulse Buys (mentioned above).

To explain: By default, the Pyramid article only says you have to "narrate" how the changes you made are justified. However, if your goal is to actually play through the action/retcon as you suggest in the OP, "Impulse Buys" suggests that if the purchased change is not a certain advantage but is only a chance at one, then you should discount all point expenditures by one (to a minimum of one point spent).

Short version: if you want to actually roleplay through the retcons and see how it goes, rather than just having them narrate it and letting it be a sure thing, then I suggest giving them a discount of one point off whatever Angle they spend for it.

It's hardly official, but I think it makes sense for what you seem to want to accomplish.