View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
JCurwen3

Default Re: Pickpocketing through powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
An earlier thread (starring JCurwen3, even) discussing a "weaponized" Snatcher that steals from its own world rather than creating :

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=93757
HA! Yes, I remembered that one. When I started that thread I actually hadn't considered the combat usefulness of my idea... my thought was it was an overall limitation on Snatcher because sometimes your victims might find you and your ability would have backfired (sort of like in genie fiction where you wish for $1M or that many gold pieces and then it turns out it came from some mobster or dragon or whatever and if you start being a big spender you'll draw unwanted attention).

But yeah, it definitely could be weaponized. Hence my suggestion this time around to use time constraints and/or an Accessibility to effectively eliminate combat value. Also, my idea built on Snatcher because I specifically didn't want it to be targeted (although ask for something specifically enough and of course it would be targeted, especially if it goes for the closest thing, which is what I hadn't thought of).

I'd build this ability based on Warp as thieving is inherently targeted. But some of the ideas from the above thread might be very easily applicable to Warp (limitations and such).