Thread: Car Wars Update
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #9
RevBob

Default Re: Car Wars Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by orphius View Post
I am actually not happy about the announcement. I am not all that big of a fan of Ogre, and I cannot afford to support it. I am, however, a big fan of Car Wars. I would love to see a new edition. I would love to assist with it in some way.

To be honest, I would much rather they have a Kickstarter for Car Wars itself. That way I can at least support it and know that my support is going to the game I really enjoy, not the one I have never played.
That's exactly the point of the new pledge levels. $23 ($30 outside the US) gets you a Car Wars T-shirt, brings the Car Wars Kickstarter a little closer to reality, and gives you input into the new Car Wars version if that goal is reached. The only connection it has to Ogre is that it's tacked onto the Ogre Kickstarter, so those Ogre fans who are upping their pledges to get new swag are helping you get your new Car Wars game. I'm really not sure how any of that's a bad deal for Car Wars fans.

If nothing else, figure it this way: if the shirt was being sold in W23, it'd cost at least $20, plus at least $7 in shipping, and you wouldn't get the design forum access. This way is cheaper and gives you that perk.

Looking for a St. Aosbczkcs medal.
RevBob is offline   Reply With Quote