View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
Chuck Wagner

Default Re: Can I Still Get Help With Character Builder?

I'm not sure where or how you're seeing the other files you have listed. The only files I can see are the ones with the .chr file extension. In my GURPS directory I have the following folder arrangement: GURPS/examples/gurps/Templates. In the Templates folder is a large number of character sheets and a group file. If you open the group file via GCB you will see that it is filled with the character sheets in the Templates folder.

Question: Are we supposed to create character templates from character sheets.chr which are added to a group file.group which is then used to generate a character template data sheet?

It is my belief that one is supposed to click File | New. Select the GURPS game system. Then click on Character Template and select GURPSTemplateBuilder.cst and click OK. Then you create your character template, adding various groupings as needed, and save your work when done.

This is what I have been doing. But every time I save my work and close it I can't open it again. Instead I get error messages which I can not even try to correct because I can't open the template I just created!!! Arrgh!!!
Chuck Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote