View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
Chuck Wagner

Default Re: Can I Still Get Help With Character Builder?

A "Group File" is created by the user when working with templates. You create a file with the extension ".group". Into this file you place one or more Character Template Character Sheets with the extension ".cst". This Group File, which you name something meaningful such as "GURPSTravellerTemplates.group", is then used to generate a character template data sheet. This data sheet should have the same name as the group file which was used to generate it with its own extension which I believe is ".mds". This data sheet is then loaded with the File | Load Data Sheet command. This data sheet is the sheet which would be distributed to other users who wanted to make use of these templates.

It looks like all your material is for 4th Edition. All of this work has to do with 3rd Edition. Just a reminder.

I have something new to add:

I can not seem to successfully create a character template. I can create a character template along with the correct groupings. As far as I can tell they are all right. I save the file. When I try to re-open the file it will not open and I get error messages. This thing is driving me crazy!!

Last edited by Chuck Wagner; 04-17-2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: A New Problem With Character Builder
Chuck Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote