View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 06:26 AM   #5
Piperdog

Default Re: Gurps Dungeon Lite

Quote:
Can you explain how "Bladed Weapons" isn't a Bang! skill? It sure seems like one.
I guess any abbreviated skill set is technically a BANG! skill; when I talk about it I mean BANG! skills like Knight! Ninja! and so on. Those are way too simplified for what I would like. I started doing preliminary work at rewriting the rules, from character gen, advantages and disadvantages, advancement, and so on, I thought "What the hell? I am making an entirely new game inspired by Gurps, but it isn't quite Gurps. " I have even played with the idea of changing the dice used, like a d20 or 3d8 or something, and then sell it, because DANG. It is a lot of work. Which leads me to this.

I just would like to see it done for me, written up in a nice print book, because 1. I am very busy with real life and 2. When not busy with real life I am insanely lazy. lol.

Quote:
Have you read the DF books? They really are quite "out of the box" easy to use and come with lots of ways to simplify things, including various wildcard skills, suggestions for the GM as to how to speed up combats, when PCs should use skills, etc. DF2 is especially helpful here.
Yep. I have them. Some of the suggestions are quite good. One of my main dislikes of it though is the entire character generation structure. I was hoping DF was going to be a different game I guess. Like my idea of truncated skills, I was hoping for truncated advantages as well; broader strokes across the board, stuff like that. I wanted to see 100 - 125 pt character templates and have them work their way up to 250 pnt characters, not start there. I hate the laundry list included in character generation and was hoping for an abbreviated version in DF.

Oh well. I will just continue my project I suppose.
Piperdog is offline   Reply With Quote