View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 08:27 PM   #15
hal

Default Re: Pirates of Drinax

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT View Post
I would be interested in what you think of Fantasy Grounds, and how you are planning on using it (alone, with Discord, with something else, or in person using it as the mapper)?

If you are using VTT, what time/days are you thinking of playing? … If you are looking for players.
Hi DAT,
I use FG (Fantasy Grounds) text as the main vehicle for role playing (no Skype or Discord).

At present, my hours of availability are such that due to my work schedule - working 11 PM until 7:30 AM eastern time, are Monday's through Friday's 8 AM until Noon Eastern Standad Time - or Monday Evenings any time.

One of the best Cyberpunk campaigns I'd had the pleasure to enjoy as a GM took place from 10 PM until 4 AM Monday evenings due to the player being in a California Time zone.

What I had been planning on with respect to the Pirates of Drinax campaign was to permit players to generate a character using Mongoose Traveller's method of character generation, and then translating the character over to GURPS. Had one character that was generated as being the son of an Imperial Noble located on Mora, whose naval career came to an end, and the final four years as a "jet setting playboy" resulted in his travelling outside of the Third Imperium and ultimately starting on Drinax where he is summoned before the King.

Since the campaign predates the Fifth Frontier war by a healthy margin, there was some potential for that campaign to branch out beyond the original scope.

At present, the campaign is not in action - but, I've no problem with setting up one with you and/or any others should that come to be the case.

Almost forgot: I have the ultimate license, which permits any player to simply download the free version of Fantasy Grounds and join the campaign. There is no cost involved at your end.

And - as always, anyone curious about wanting to see what the software can do without necessarily joining in a campaign, can simply contact me saying "Hey Hal, can I see a demo of what is possible with the game?"

:)

Last edited by hal; 05-02-2020 at 08:29 PM. Reason: almost forgot...
hal is offline   Reply With Quote