View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 02:41 PM   #47
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: [IC] In Nomine -- The Redemption of Eli

Rudy's eyes sparkle; always good to see new friends getting along. "Couldn't agree more, Naomi. As I said, I'm called Rudy ... Rudy Blumenkranz, and if you know any German, that'll give you a good idea what I am." Her smile grows. "Mom hung a more dignified name on me long ago, but it's kind of like a fancy dress you keep in the closet -- not exactly suitable for everyday wear."

"I'm in the same service as Soma here, but different Choir -- in my case, where there's a Wheel, there's a way. I've lived in the Bay area for a while now and know it backwards and forwards; know quite a few people in this city, including a lot of folks in the park here. A lot of 'em are friends now," she adds a little shyly, "since the Lady wanted me to be one of her 'helping hands' here."

"And of course, there's my old partner here." She reaches out to the red bicycle, strokes its frame tenderly. "Almost nothing we can't do together, when the rubber hits the road."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote