View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 08:59 PM   #36
DreadDomain

Default Re: GURPS Supers Alternatives

Now I remember why I always end-up using HERO instead of GURPS for Supers (beside the Super ST mess). GURPS has so many options (imbuement, martial arts, equipment, etc...) and interactions between them that it is sometimes somewhat difficult to balance characters with one another. He mostly see this richness as a feature but for Supers, it becomes a drawback. I guess that's why after Dungeon Fantasy RPG, I would have hoped for a similarly focused Supers RPG.

Back to the thread, I am really enjoying your write-ups Naloth. Here are a few more very high level comments:

Iron Fist damage: I understand your approach but I don't believe that his highest attack should be as damaging (or more damaging than Thor's normal attack). I don't believe it reflects the source material (I am not trying to change your mind, just stating my opinion).

Ultrapower: I generally dislike Ultrapower. It is just too loosely define for my tastes.

Aquaman: I suggest some level of DR. In the moving, Black Manta's blade do not even pierce his skin with a very direct hit.

Superman: He seems to be missing any king of environmental immunities or protection (vacuum, pressure, heat, cold, etc...). An oversight?

Wonder Woman: What, no attractiveness level :)?

Balance: Unless I miss something, Wonder Woman would kick Supes butt. Her much higher skill combined with a better damage (with the sword) and the fact that Supes has no IT:DR lead to that conclusion. As seen in JL, Superman is clearly more powerful; manhandling the whole team first and then being clearly superior to Steppenwolf while the whole team is struggling against him*

*This is only based on a very cursory look of the write-ups.
DreadDomain is offline   Reply With Quote