View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 07:15 PM   #31
Otaku

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#39): Daredevil, Luck, Super Luck

Please pardon the double post, but the previous bit of confusion does remind me how I forgot to share my view on Luck in general.

I see "Luck" as paying CP to improve your results (a duh). In some ways, it isn't much different than buying a higher Attribute or Skill level; these are abstractions for gameplay after all. As the base version of Luck uses real time and not game time, it almost seems plausible as a realistic Advantage, or perhaps I should say verisimilitudinous (yes, I had to look up the spelling >.>). An hour of real time could cover mere seconds or it could cover eons of game time. It also cannot produce impossible results, it just has a chance of skewing them in your favor.
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is online now   Reply With Quote