View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
tremorlaine

Default Re: A Couple Clarifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidoza View Post
This makes sense to me, but if this is the case, I feel as though the FAQ question I quoted provided an answer with very ambiguous and unhelpful language. The phrase, "Use of a Curse could destroy an Item as you try to use it" suggests something quote other than what is being described here. I'm not dwelling on this to be picky, but I'm dwelling on this because in the FAQ there are *VERY* frequent references to the phrases "read the card" and "specific says so" and so on, and if the game is going to be this specific about grammar in order to indicate what a card does, then the descriptions of how game process works need to be just as rigorous or it'll leave a person confused, as I still am.
The others have already covered the Really Impressive Title issue. The reason the phrase, "Use of a Curse could destroy an Item as you try to use it" is worded that way is because in order for something to be used it must hit the table.

If you say, "I'm going to use my Flaming Potion (assuming it is on the table and being carried) but don't pick it up and put it into the fight right away I can Curse you with a card that says you must lose one Small Item. At that point if you a) have no other Small Items in play, or b) don't want to discard any of your other Small Items then you would have to discard your Flaming Potion.

Same can be said for a Thief's steal ability. You can announce you are going to use it but until your discarded card (the trigger) hits the discard pile you aren't doing anything. If I can somehow make you lose your Class or use my Item you are out of luck.

Future site of Griffon Gaming
tremorlaine is offline   Reply With Quote