View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 02:49 AM   #14
(E)

Default Re: [ATE] Farming example

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuteman37 View Post
Firstly could you elaborate on just how the Bun unit's product differs from actual bread in taste, look, texture and smell?
The Bunkertech units are a fallout inspired equipment selection for a 1960s TL8 or 9. With no yeast or gluten the Buns (tm) would be at best like a stale mcdonalds basic hamburger bun. Think of the cheapest bread available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuteman37 View Post
Secondly whats the logistical leap to go from growing sea monkeys to actuarial fish? I recall watching a TED talk that mentioned sustainable fish farming and mussels, clupeids and tilapias have very high rates of conversion from plant protein to animal protein.
The brine shrimp where included because some varieties can remain dormant for decades. Larger fish farms require "live" stock so they didn't fit the Bunkertech example. I have fish farms lined up for the "cabinet" farming section. I wanted to review bio-tech before getting too carried away. At TL9 cryogenic fish spawn sounds feasible, some natural species can last a long time on ice as it is. Speaking of cold, cichlids including tilapia would not be ideal species for subterranean aquaculture due to heating requirements.

When it comes to trade goods I am slowing adding detail to the other settlements, but I want to leave them fairly open for who ever wants to use them. The produce and requires are there for traders and people selling their loot for food.

Rather than "cash" crops the ATE example maybe better thought of as "investment" crops, that is to say ones that last.

TL 9 write up is coming.

Last edited by (E); 04-07-2016 at 04:51 AM.
(E) is offline   Reply With Quote