View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 10:38 AM   #253
TGLS

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
He's about 1.3 meters from the edge of the hole.

Yeah, he's very much using both hands. He could conceivably free up one after a second of securing it.
OK, even assuming I can get to the edge of the hole with the remaining rope, if I continue it would probably go like this:
-> He secures the rope
-> I get to the hole
-> He yanks me and I fall over

So attempting to jump in the hole (and letting gravity do the hard work of making him lose grip) is out.

Quote:
Reslin is about a meter and a half down the hole. There is probably another meter and a half left in the rope.
And the rope's going, what, 10 cm/s? Probably too long to pull him back out.

Quote:
That depends entirely on the method... would you be pushing him, pulling the rope, smashing his hands, or some other method?
Well, I could probably get over close to him, but hitting him in the arm is probably too risky. He's huge; it'd be like a mosquito bite. And even if it did work I'd probably get stuck in the hole.

Yeah, pull on the rope, even when he's straining on that he's too heavy for me to move... I know! I could convince him to let me help him with the rope, and when he begins to relax, I could pull hard in the other direction and trip him up!

I'll step away from hole like he asked, and then say, "Holding that rope looks really hard. I with this pack I'm heavy enough to keep the rope anchored. Could I help?

Quote:
[62] 22-09-23 18:38:32 CEST
Fast-Talk
3d6 <= 12
5 + 5 + 1 = 11 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote