View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 06:56 PM   #19
Scolop

Default Re: [RPM] Mind Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaRaRasputin View Post
One thing that would extremely useful to people who like making their own RPM rituals is a list of examples of what each of the Verb - Noun combinations can get you on their own, as opposed to what requires Altered Traits or Bestows a Bonus/Penalty to accomplish.
I totally second this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
You don't get protected from the effects of Slave Mentality by taking more disadvantages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
It's not clear how else you build 'slavishly obeys X and ignores everyone else'.
I'm with Anthony here. By what's written in the book, you'd need a mere 18 energy ritual (Greater Control Mind with Duration, 10 minutes) to dominate someone's mind. You could then ask them for the truth about a subject, which is what the Truthteller ritual intends to do. But Truthteller costs 54 energy...

Anyway, the build that I presented here is the closest I could get to total mind control with a sense of balance. I threw Sense of Duty in there because I thought it should do the trick of pointing out who's the boss. I don't know a lot about limitations, but I guess something like Only to the caster, -X% could be applied to Slave Mentality instead.

To be frank, I really don't know... RPM can get really complicated when you're trying to balance things out.
Scolop is offline   Reply With Quote