View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 07:22 PM   #16
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: THM: RPM Path of Chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shostak View Post
(Regarding Lucky Break)

Not quite, and this is where I could use some other perspectives. I'd like it to be more certain than just a re-roll. I'd like to use Transform Chance to actually cause a success roll to shift to a failure. But maybe the more fair way to do it is to use Destroy Chance and then pile on a whole heap of Bestows a Penalty--like -10 and hope for the best (or even higher penalty for a more certain outcome). Or perhaps it should be just be a Greater Transform Chance without the penalty? I understand that ultimately, if the GM likes a build, then its good, but the relative paucity of THM: RPM's examples of Chance spells gives a small data set to inform new builds, which leaves me feeling less than confident that this spell respects the intentions of the RAW. Luckily, this forum is flush with excellent contributors.
That's what I'd do. Use Destroy Chance. Or perhaps use Transform Chance and then add Bestows a Penalty, Margin of Failure (A moderate category) so that a number of X or higher is just a failure. If you want it to be a critical failure increase the Critical Failure range with Bestows a Penalty of a Broad modifier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shostak View Post
(regarding the The Corsican Braid of Fate)

I'm honored. Let us know how it works out!
Heh. Will do.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote