View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 01:17 AM   #27
Tomsdad

Default Re: Typical ST for a war bow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyneras View Post
Yes. Idea is that more powerful weapons require greater skill to get those last dregs of optimal use, part of my continuing efforts to tinker with the skill system. Mostly based off personal experience where stronger bows definitely felt more difficult to control even if I could still draw them fully. Still, my experience is very limited so I'm open to counter arguments.
Ah I was thinking in terms of a stronger archer, but yes if your seeing it in terms of a more powerful powerful bow I can see what you mean.

Personally I'd say the combination of needing high St and High skill is potentially double dipping the cost of accessing this effect.

In terms of stringer bows being more difficult to control I'd say its a more a factor of trying to keep a heavy bow drawn while aiming. If you use the AP system you can show that with a little tweaking. (I think historically heavy war bows were not aimed for this very reason, but then that's because they were shooting at larger patches of ground at set distances)

Last edited by Tomsdad; 10-18-2014 at 01:41 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote