View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 12:18 PM   #20
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: GURPS Overhaul - Initiative, Revised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Both of these statements are making some pretty broad assumptions about people, bordering uncomfortably on "hurting wrong fun".
Sorry. This is biased by my sight problems. Switching between looking-at-screen and looking-at-people-ten-feet-away modes takes me whole seconds in taking glasses on and off and refocussing. This has become so familiar over the last five years that I forget how unusual it is.
Quote:
On the other hand, if you're using the computer to vastly speed up the dice rolling, status conditions, and damage tracking for a horde of 20 enemies (or the like), that can only increase the amount of attention the GM has to spend on the players, instead of on accounting.
I find that much easier using notes on paper, which I can switch to more easily than a screen, and where I can improvise symbols to jog memory much more easily than typing correctly or clicking a GUI.

Also, everyone I've ever seen try to use a computer as a direct support tool in a session has ended up focussed on it, rather than the players. I can believe you manage not to, but you put more effort into this kind of stuff than most people.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote