View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 09:38 PM   #8
Varyon

Default Re: [Magic] Enchanting A Better Bra

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyflossing View Post
There is a character in the webcomic Twokinds who has a bra of holding (actually more like chest wraps of holding, but same idea). He uses it because he’s transexual and views himself as a man, even though he’s biologically female.
I think Natani's breast bindings are supposed to be mundane, even if their effects are a bit on the cinematic side (given Natani's large... tracts of land). The webcomic By the Book (which I won't link, as it's frequently a bit NSFW, including the relevant page) plays a bit with the idea of a Bra of Holding. Specifically, one of the characters mentions that a lot of female warriors use such an enchantment on their armor, which led one of the main characters, Rath, to conclude all such armors must connect to the same pocket dimension, and it is his duty to find it. For Reasons.

The magic item system in my Oubliette DF setting would allow for something like a Bra of Holding. It would be a modification of the sort of enchantment that lets one store a sword in a ring. It's not something I intended for the enchantment to be used for, but I see no reason why it couldn't. A bra that had more general-use enchantments on it, like the ability to fly, would also be an option, but would use up one of the character's magic item "slots" - specifically, the Torso - so it would just serve as a sort of protected magic item rather than allowing for an additional one.