View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
Rasputin

Default Re: [DF] Fast NPC stats notation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadkiller_Dog View Post
I actually do everything in a compressed statline. I was about halfway through writing a blog post about it, but I'll excerpt it here.
That doesn't seem bad, at least for monsters, you're right. I have my stuff in a 26,000+ word Word document (plus a few other Evernote files for things I haven't integrated yet), so I keep copying and pasting monster stat blocks and editing them. But yours is good for a quick scribble, which is often what you need when you have not planned for an encounter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadkiller_Dog View Post
While the "Ninja-17" thing seems like it would work pretty well, I personally needed something for monsters, too.
This is what I was thinking for NPCs:

Attribute 12; IQ 15; FP 20; Speed 6.00; Move 4; Dodge 8; Parry 9; DR 1; Wizard!-15; Fighting!-13; Artillery Mage Spells!-19; Magery 4; Quarterstaff-13 1d crushing; Lightning-17 1d-1 burning/FP (up to 4/second) Range 50/100; Fireball-18 1d burning/FP (up to 4/second) Range 25/50; Explosive Fireball-17 1d burning explosive/2 FP (up to 4/second) Range 25/50.

Basically, he casts spells in the idiom of Artillery Mage at 19-(prereq count/3), cast the three listed spells to do damage since they're his favorites (though they seem redundant to me; it's off the top of my head), he fights with his Quarterstaff or other wizardly fighting deals (like Innate Attack) at 13 and does the listed damage, does other wizardly things (like Thaumatology or Hidden Lore) at 15, and, when he needs an attribute for a default or an HT roll, uses 12 unless it's obviously IQ, which uses a 15. I did list his power Advantage, since that also indicates power level too. I wondered how much would be lost at this resolution, which doesn't seem like much for some guy who is going to fight, taunt, and die.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is online now   Reply With Quote