View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 03:43 AM   #23
Stripe

Default Re: [DF] Shadowyrm -- One-Shot Beginner Adventure

Update!
  • Minor cosmetic edits and the addition of the campfire's location to the GM Map.
  • Added a very rough and incomplete description as a placeholder to the top of the precipice in area 3. As with practically every area at this time, it's still pretty far from finished. Hopefully, it's obvious that it's not written to the standard of the rest of the dungeon!
  • Added a plot hook for a further adventure and story behind Goreblood's weapons in area 6. His axe is now orichalcum, ornate 1, and Penetrating 1 taking its worth from $900 to $7,400.
  • Added a very rough and incomplete description of area 8 including an as-of-yet unnamed orc NPC based on the wizard PC template. Note that much of the treasure here is delicate and/or flammable and a battle including fiery missiles will endanger it greatly!

To Do:
  • Rewrite the entire introduction post (post #2) from scratch.
  • Update area 5 to include rules for PCs with disadvantages such as Greed and Curiosity that will make the trap's bait more irresistible.
  • Move the skeleton warrior with the broken tempered glass greatsword from area 4 to area 7 and place N/2 skeletons with it. Give it an elven back story centered on its death to the NPC orc shaman.
  • Create a locked and/or barred door and/or gate in area 7 blocking passage to area 9 (and 8?).
  • Include a monster entry for skeleton warriors, goblins and orcs.
  • Possibly include an NPC bard held prisoner in area 6 and/or a real or illusion of a damsel in distress (zombie disguised with Illusion Shell?) suspended in a cage above the water in area 9.
  • Add Shadowyrm himself in area 9!

Any suggestions about how to make the orc Wizard as effective as possible are welcome. Like most shadow dragons, the orc shaman is mainly a necromancer with Light and Darkness spells. He created the trap in area 5, so he needs the spells to do that, unless they were cast via scrolls.
if I can't say 'I'm chaotic evil!'"? —Jeff Freeman

Last edited by Stripe; 07-03-2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Light and Darkness, not Illusion! XD
Stripe is offline   Reply With Quote