View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 01:03 PM   #127
Polydamas

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony
As an alternate view, I'm fairly unsurprised at Pyramid being in the red. I subscribed to Pyramid for three reasons: playtesting, the bulletin boards, and pyramoo; the articles were not quite zero value for me, but came close (this isn't limited to Pyramid; gaming magazines in general don't do much for me). As such, the reduced number of playtests and the rise of the free forums had already pushed Pyramid well down my priority list, and the format change pushed Pyramid into the 'not worth paying for' column. The issues of new Pyramid I've seen have actually been pretty solid, but probably not interesting enough for me to resub.

I don't know how typical I am, but I doubt I'm unique.
Personally I would probably have been willing to pay CA$40/year for the archives and articles. I was surprised that Pyramid was barely breaking even, although the news did explain some things. I don't know how many issues of the new version I'll buy because my interests are somewhat specialized (I have no interest in supers and little in the post-apocalyptic genre, for example, although I'm more interested in the latter after reading Pyramid issue 2).

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote